Central Oregon Shooting Sports Assn.
P.O. Box 1606 Bend, OR 97709
The range was started in the 1995 time frame and is on 600 acres of BLM land that is leased to COSSA. The range has various bays that range from 50 yards to 1000 yards in length. We have a 200 yard sighting in target range and metal gongs to 500 yards. A pistol sighting in range to 100 yards with metal gongs at 100 yards. We have a 1000 yard black powder range and a high power rifle range to 1000 yards. It is not uncommon to have several disciplines or activities using the range at the same time. This is the main range for members only and/or disciplines shooting events. This is also were scheduled special events are held.
We have a 100 yard Public range that is open seven days a week and is located 1/4 mile up the road from the main gate..
The ODFW Hunter Safety class of Bend, OR utilizes the range for the range portion of the class.
Several law enforcement groups utilize the range for training and practice.
Current fire danger Level is High Current Industrial Fire Protection level is 2
As of today BLM prohibits the use of fireworks, exploding targets, and Tracer rounds or incendiary devices on all BLM-managed lands for the fire season.
With the increase of IFPL to level 2 the following will be followed on the range.
1. Smoking is prohibited while on the range, except in your vehicles.
2. Open fires are prohibited, including campfires, charcoal fires, cooking fires and warming fires. Portable cooking stoves using liquefied or bottled fuels are allowed.
3. Mowing of dried grass with power driven equipment is prohibited, between the hours of 10:00 am and 8:00 pm,
4. Generators must be placed on a metal pan when on the ground.
5. Camping and Parking of vehicles only allowed in designated areas.
6. Generally, no personal ATVS or vehicle travel outside main roads or designated area.
1. Possession of the following firefighting equipment is required while traveling in a motorized vehicle, except on federal and state highways, county roads and driveways: one shovel and one gallon of water or one operational 2 and 1/2 pound or larger fire extinguisher, except all-terrain vehicles and motorcycles which must be equipped with an approved spark arrestor in good working condition.
A $5.00 fee for Guests and non-members for an Insurance requirement.
COSSA does not rent any firearms for use, nor do we have targets or ammunition for sale.
COSSA is made up of several disciplines that utilize the range. Below are links to those disciplines.
COSSA Practical Shooters(CPS)
Cowboy Action: Horse Ridge Pistoleros
Great Basin Sharp Shooters BPCR, Buffalo
High Power Rifle
Lady Hawks Women's Shooting Sports
Cowboy Action: Pine Mountain Posse
Central Oregon Competitive Shooter Training
Central Oregon Precision Riflemen
Go east from Bend on Hwy 20 and go past mile post 24 first road on the left.
Highway 20 turn off to west side of range: GPS N43.88846 W120.95222
click to view the map to the range)
To see the drawing of the range click here.
To see the Range from the air click here. (High Speed Connection Recommended)
Meeting are on the second Thursday of each month and meet at the Bend VFW Hall on 4th and Olney Rd. The meeting start at 7:00 pm. members and guests are welcome.
Want more information on COSSA please click here for Point of Contacts.
All new applicants for membership are required to attend an range orientation before receiving membership cards and the gate code.
The next orientation is scheduled at 10 AM on 30 July, 2016.
For COSSA Orientation the following are required to be brought to the range on day of orientation.
1. Safety Manual
2. Members Guide to Safety and Range Use
3. A taken Safety Quiz
4. Eye and Ear protection
5. Membership Application ( can be filled out, a check for the appropriate fee and brought to orientation)
The Safety Quiz will be reviewed and a tour of the range on day of orientation.
Please click here for the orientation information sheet.
Please click here for the Membership Application.
COSSA Safety Manual
The COSSA Safety Manual is provided to
all new and current COSSA members. The purpose of the COSSA Safety Manual is
To help ensure a safe and enjoyable
sport shooting experience for all members and guests, and
To meet safety education standards required by COSSA’s liability insurance provider.
Please click here for the
Please click here for the Members Guide to Safety and Range Use.
Please click here for the Safety Quiz.
Calendar of events for the current month click on the link below.
Special events and Matches coming up at the range.
Private Special Training Information
Links to Other Organizations
COSSA Monthly Newsletters
You must have Adobe Acrobat installed to view click here to download
Range Pictures / Events
Member of the Bend Chamber of Commerce.